It’s almost 6 months to the day that I left Sydney and have been living in Stockholm 🇸🇪 , here’s a couple things that I found myself missing about ‘Straya 🇦🇺 that all my Swedish mates just won’t understand:
- “Thongs” go in your feet, the skanky undies you wear are called G-Bangers, sorry but that’s just a fact so please stop staring at me when I say that I broke my thong, it’s devastating enough 👙👣👙
- Also it’s “Tomato Sauce” not “Ketchup”, it’s a bloody prawn not shrimp and “chuck a U-ey” not “please preform a u turn manoeuvre”
- Even though I personally don’t drink coffee, the coffee is Sweden is shit and y’all need to up yo game ☕️
- Chicken Salt – enough said
- Having people reply “omg thankyou” instead of “fuck off” when I tell them their mad cunts!
- Actual beaches with sand and waves, sorry but a riverbank or pebbles near water ain’t no goddamn beach 🌊 🌊
- Having money that is brightly coloured and made of plastic so the shop assistants don’t think you’re dyslexic
- “I’m not here to fuck spiders” – had to put it in there! 🕷 🕷 🕷
- The sun and not having to constantly wear 4 layers ☀️
- $10 Chicken Parma/ Steak pub dinners instead of a million dollars for just one drink anywhere
- GOOD ASIAN FOOD! Cannot stress this enough! Somebody mail me some Pad See Ew pronto pls 🍜
- Having friendly interactions with strangers rather than automatically thinking kindness is unnatural and has no place in society 🙅🏾🙅🏾🙅🏾
- People understanding me when I answer “Yeah Nah” or “Nah Yeah” to their questions, like how much clearer do I need to be here! 💁🏾
- Warm Christmas that’s celebrated on the 25th and not the 24th!
Alas I still love Sweden and my adopted home of Stockholm! ✌🏾️🇸🇪🇦🇺🇸🇪